Sunday, March 09th, 2014
By: Scott Cook
Wouldn’t it be great if every time somebody went to your website, or read a press release or took a look at your company brochure or watched one of your YouTube videos they were really impressed and wanted to learn more? Of course it would. That’s the whole point of copywriting, to grab their attention and give them a reason to move forward and hopefully buy from you instead of the other guy.
Well, if any of this sounds attractive to you, stay away from cheap writers. A guy who charges you $5 to write your website’s homepage is not a deal. Not only will his brand of hatchet-job writing not do you any good, it may actually hinder your ability to sell your products or services.
Why cheap copywriters aren’t’ worth the prices they charge
Look at it this way. If you are meeting a quality client to try and close a major deal, do you meet them at a burger joint or a nice restaurant? Do you go in a T-shirt, shorts and flip flops or dress up for the occasion? Professional copywriting is just like this. Often, the words that are created for your text, audio and video materials are the first impressions that you give potential customers, so why not invest in the best quality impressions you can?
Here are several reasons why the bargain basement hacks aren’t’ even worth the $5 they charge you:
1. In order to make a living, this $5 guy has to crank out work as fast as he can. Nobody can live on $5 an hour, so maybe he does 3 or 4 pieces of writing for $5 in one hour. This means he’s pounding away at his keyboard as fast as he can, not really worried about quality so much as quantity.
2. Does this cheap guy even speak your language? Selling, which is the purpose of all writing, is a delicate art. It requires mastery of the language and the use of subtle influences to make connections with the customer. A person who writes for next to nothing and who does not speak your language well will not turn out good copy.
3. Poorly written copy can turn off a prospect. They say any publicity is good, but not in the case of creating copy.
What a quality and professional copywriter can do for you
Think of paying for professional copywriting as an investment. Just as buying advertising is an investment. So, let’s say that a good set of materials, including an advertisement, a couple of press releases, a brochure and your website constitute your primary marketing efforts.
You hope that over the course of the next year, these materials will make you $50,000 in sales. So, if a professional copywriter charges you $2,500 to produce all of this, does that really seem like a lot? It’s only 5% of the total expected revenue. Not bad, when you think about it. And the odds that this $2,500 investment will actually turn into $50,000 is far better than if you paid a guy $250 to produce the same materials.
The impact of professional copywriting on the overall and long-term success of your business is astounding. In many cases, once your writer has created the materials, they will work for you for years. Take the example above, it could be multiplied by several years. On the other hand, so could the $250 cheap guy’s work. It might never bring you any results. I don’t know about you, but I’d rather spend a thousand dollars to make ten-thousand than spend a hundred bucks and make nothing. Just some food for thought.
Share | View All Entries | 0 Comments | Add Comment
Wednesday, March 05th, 2014
By: Scott Cook
Yes, I know it’s been over a week since my last article post. Sorry about that, but things have been really busy in the professional copywriting biz lately. Funny how that works, isn’t it? We strive to get more work and come up with innovative ways to advertise, market and farm clients, and then get so busy we don’t have much time for that.
However, I think that this blog serves a valuable purpose, to those of you who find the articles informative, and not to those of you who keep posting casino website links lol. So, I’d like to ask those of you who read this if you have any suggestions as to interesting articles you’d like to see.
They don’t just have to be about professional copywriting. If you check out my samples page, you’ll find articles on sales, marketing, success, website design and yes, professional copywriting. So drop me a note or comment on this post and I’ll see what I can do.
Take care and thanks for reading!
Share | View All Entries | 0 Comments | Add Comment
Professional Copywriting for Success
Itâ€™s a little ironic that in todayâ€™s electronically dominated world of mobile devices, email and the internet that professional copywriting is still so critical to a companyâ€™s success.Â Indeed, now more than ever the ability to create high-impact, authentic and effective copy is more important because of all the available mediums.
The ability for you to present yourself and your businessâ€™ products and services in an engaging, laudible and influential way is one of the most important things you can do to ensure your success.Â Whether itâ€™s writing unique website content, powerful sales pages, effective printed material, superior whitepapers, detailed & accurate business plans or great advertising copy, the words you use to inform and engage the reader can make the difference between a profitable company and one that flounders simply because it doesnâ€™t express itself well due to the lack of professional copywriting.
Anyone can write to some degree.Â The real trick is not just saying something, but knowing how to say it effectively so that it has the best chance to positively influence a potential customer, employee, partner or investor to make the choice to work with your company. This is the difference that a professional copywriter can make and that is our specialty. We can not only work with you on exactly what you should write, but how it should be written to convert the reader, listener or viewer into a paying customer, effective employee or satisfied investor and partner.
How Professional Copywriting Services Can make you Money
The long and short of it is, you want to hire a professional copywriter to create exceptional content that in the end, makes you money.Â Thatâ€™s where we come in.Â We have the skills, experience and knowledge to take even the vaguest of ideas and transform them into compelling, totally original and powerful text, audio or visual content.
In addition to the traditional areas of professional copywriting that include sales and marketing materials, business plans, manuals, ad copy, white papers and letters, there is a whole new world of electronic media out there as well.Â The internet and mobile communication offers a business an incredible opportunity to publish compelling copy that can exponentially increase your effectiveness and skyrocket your profits.
The electronic mediums provide you the ability to write articles, blogs, emails, website content, text messages, press releases, eBooks, social media posts and newsletters.Â While hardly the complete list, you can see the enormous range of opportunity to publish information about you and what you offer.Â With the right professional copywriting services, you have the ability to take full advantage of these markets and vastly increase your companyâ€™s growth, influence and cash flow.Â With SEO and links, most of the electronic media provide a permanent and growth-oriented method for attracting attention, driving traffic and growing a large and active customer base.
What We do for You
Our job, simply put, is to help make you money by providing only the best, most effective and professional copywriting services possible.Â We can take the seed of an idea and turn it into an effective piece of writing and we can turn an already existing bit of copy into a winner.
Our professional copywriting services include:
- Writing quality business plans
- Creating effective copy for advertising and marketing printed material
- High-impact website content
- Articles, blogs and press releases optimized with SEO for both search engines and the human reader
- Crowd Funding campaign preparation
- Technical white papers
- Email marketing content
- Radio or TV advertising copy
- Video scripts
- Social media and discussion forum postings
- Research to ensure accurate and effective copy writing
- Anything you desire
The difference between just getting the job done and excelling is often a fine line.Â Let us put our professional copywriting expertise to work for you so that no matter what direction your business' copy writing takes, youâ€™re always on the profitable side of that line.Â With a professional copywriter at your side , the words you publish will do more than just let them know who you are, theyâ€™ll connect with your audience and let them know why you are the best choice.
What We Do not Do
It is just as important for us to make a finer distinction for you about our professional copywriting services.Â Â As you are aware, there are many copywriters out there.Â More so than ever before thanks to the internet.
So what is different about us?Â Why are we the right choice to craft the words that will make you money?Â Aside from what we mentioned already, our attention to detail, our careful analysis of your company, your goals and your voice, we would like to share a few things that we do not do.
- We do not spin content.Â All the professional copywriting we will produce for you will be 100% original and custom-written to meet your needs.
- We do not sub-contract to non-English speaking nations.Â It is important that your written words, be they articles, blogs, website text or even the script of a sales video be written in the language for which they are intended.Â No offense is meant to anyone, but an Indian writer who may or may not speak English well will not be able to master the subtleties of our language that make the difference.
- We do not offer cut-rates.Â Our pricing is fair, but itâ€™s also realistic.Â We include time for research, analysis, writing and editing.Â The content we create for you will last potentially forever, and its goal is to generate interest and revenue.Â Itâ€™s worth taking the time to do it right and make it as effective as possible. That's what defines a professional copywriter.
- We donâ€™t cut corners.Â Â We take a great deal of pride in our work.Â It certainly reflects on us.Â Beyond that, we truly are concerned that what we produce for you will be effective.Â Your success is ours as well.
Some of Our Valued Professional Copywriting & Marketing clientsMagicpay Merchant Services
A full-service merchant account provider specializing in mobile merchant services, eco-friendly services and more
Services we have provided:
We are providing press release writing and other copywriting services for them.
"Scott has done a great job and we are glad to have AA&M on our team" -- Rami Levi
Chaddy is An up and coming independant artist out of Orlando, FL. With her unique poppish rockish sound, which is a mix of rock, pop and hip hop, Chaddy is well on her way to major stardom
Services we have provided:
We provide weekly blog writing for Chaddy, as well as monthly article marketing and online and traditional advertising and marketing consultation
"I am very impressed by Scott's ability to write. not only can he get my ideas and feelings across to my readers, but he does so in my own voice."
Special offer!This special offer is geared toward new and small businesses who are launching or re-building a new website. Right now, you can save 25% on a fantastic and highly-effective content package. This package, normally a $500 value, includes:
- SEO copywriting for 5 web pages including keyword research and optimized title, description and page content
- 5 guaranteed 100% original related articles with 2 variations to be published with back links to your website
- An optimized professional press release that will drive traffic and give your site immediate authority
Web Hosting Recommendations: We recommend web hosting providers depending upon your needs. Small businesses are suited better with shared hosting platforms, since they are affordable. Several web hosts such as iPage (view full analysis), is popular and are often used by bloggers/small business sites. For easy comparison among web hosts, go to Web Hosting Plan Reviews.
Advantage Advertising and Marketing
Proud to be based in and to serve the Orlando, Florida area as well as the entire United States and beyond
Call us today: (407) 902-6507